For over a century, we are together fighting a war against sarcomas. Despite all our efforts and recent insights into the molecular landscape of these tumours we are still unable to cure the majority of our patients. The meeting will therefore focus on new multidisciplinary treatment approaches.
The preliminary programme is available now and offers an exciting mix of interactive battles, multidisciplinary keynote lectures, flash presentations and difficult case discussions.
We kindly request all speakers to submit their oral presentations on flash/thumb drive or CD/DVD disc at the Speaker Ready Room at least 2 hours in advance of their presentation. The Speaker Ready Room at “Galerie C” has been arranged to give presenters the opportunity to view their presentations and to obtain any technical support they might require prior to their scheduled sessions. Technicians will be present in the Speaker Ready Rooms to assist. We recommend PowerPoint for all users but will also accept PDF files for presentations. All video files should be (.wmv), (.avi) or (.mpg), so they will run properly on the computers provided.
All poster should be set up on Wednesday, December 01, until 10:30 and removed by Thursday, December 02, 16:00. Equipment for mounting the posters will be provided by the conference organizers. The conference takes no responsibility for left or damaged posters. During the poster presentation sessions the presenting authors are expected to be available at their posters for scientific discussions.
- printed DIN A0 format in horizontal display showing text, images, tables
- the presence of the corresponding presenting author in front of his/her poster during the whole schedule of 90 minutes is required
- Authors will be required to explain their results during 3 minutes and reply to one question from the examiner. Should the presenter not be in his position, the poster will not be evaluated.
- The best poster/discussion within a poster walk will be awarded
The format of your recording should be in 720p (720 x 1280) max 2 Mbps for the duration of your scheduled presentation (3 minutes in general). As soon as the recording is done, you should send us the recording via any file transfer system. We could recommend to use WeTransfer https://wetransfer.com/
EMSOS 2021 33rd Annual Meeting
- Limb sparing surgery vs. amputation
- Liquid biopsy
- New guidelines and EMSOS studies on sarcoma
- Proton & carbon ion treatments for sarcoma
- Treatment of infected megaprostheses
- What’s new in the systemic treatment of soft tissue sarcomas?
- Oligometastases: should they be treated differently?
- Statistics and sarcomas: how can modern statistics be useful?
- Difficult case discussion
- Sarcoma research: new mouse models, in vitro 3D sarcoma models
- Personalized medicine for sarcoma?
- The role of pathology in the era of next generation sequencing
- Update in the treatment of abdominal sarcomas
Treatment of metastatic disease
21st EMSOS Nurse and Allied Professions Group Meeting
- Nursing aspects of bone and soft tissue tumours (wound management, shared decision making, rehabilitation, palliative care)